We're getting close enough that I thought I'd set up another online pool to guess when he'll arrive and his size.
Some things to know as you make your educated guess:
- Ethan's due date is January 26th, however I am scheduled to be induced on January 22nd if he's not here by then. (Less than 6 weeks from now!)
- Luke was born 4 days early - my water randomly broke on it's own.
- Jason was born 3 weeks early, for no apparent reason.
- I was born 1 1/2 weeks early - my mom had preeclampsia and they had to induce.
- According to a study I found, the most popular day for babies to make their entrance is Wednesday. Sunday is the slowest day.
- For the last, oh 5-6 weeks or so, I've been constantly asked "So, any day now, huh?"
- Both of my NSTs (non-stress-tests) picked up mild cramps last week.
- According to one study, the average weight of a newborn is 7.5 lbs, and the average total body length is 19-21 inches.
- Luke weighed 9 lbs, 3 oz and was 22 1/4" long. I've heard 2nd babies can be bigger.
-I was 6 lbs, 3 ounces and 18 ½ inches long.
-Jason weighed 7 lbs, 9 ½ ounces and was 20” long.
- At my 20 week ultrasound, Ethan was measuring about 2 weeks ahead (same as Luke.) However all measurements of my belly have been dead on with how far along I am (also same as Luke.) We will be having another ultrasound at 37 weeks for size purposes - you have to make your guess before then.
So now it's time to make your guess! There will be a fabulous prize (er, bragging rights?) for the winner. And PS - if you get the sex wrong, you need help.
Go to the link below to enter your guess. You don't have to register or anything - just make a guess! :)
Sunday, December 02, 2012
So it's kind of funny - as I was starting this post I decided to go back and read what I wrote with Luke. I could copy that word for word here - in fact, I will, because bizarrely enough, it's been the exact same.
"This last week has been interesting. I've gone from feeling the best I had this entire pregnancy, to entering the wonderful world of "oh my goodness, I'm so uncomfortable, when will he get here?" Then he gets his feet lodged into my ribs which is also uncomfortable. Oh, and the swelling. The swelling has started. Sometimes I feel like a marshmallow man. It's not all the time, but there was one day that I had to go buy new socks while I was at work because the normal ones were cutting into my ankles (er, make that cankles.) I'm learning to make sure I get enough water and sit with my feet elevated. I also made the switch to a fake wedding band this week."
So the only difference - I didn't actually go buy new socks this time around. I wanted to, but didn't. I felt like it was too early to feel this way, but apparently not.
Total weight gain/loss: 28 lbs - ugh. Although that's right where I was with Luke too (are we noticing a trend here? Think this means I'll have another 9+ lb baby?)
Maternity clothes: growing out of some of my favorites
Stretch marks: covered in them - not sure what are from this pregnancy and what are from Luke
Sleep: Not going well at all.
Movement: Ethan moves all.the.time. All over the place. Most days his feet are up in my ribs. This is an area that is different from Luke. Jason used to sit there with his hand on my belly trying to feel Luke and it would take awhile. Half of the time now you just have to look at my belly and you see Ethan moving.
Belly Button in or out: Most definitely out.
All of the amazing gifts - clothes, diapers, books, gift certificates for massage/manicure/pedicure ...
And they were thoughtful enough to include Luke! He loved his new truck!
Jason's brother did an amazing job on the alphabet print. I found one on Etsy that I didn't want to spend the money on and he was able to replicate it - love it!
I'm sure I'll post more pictures once it's all done, but for now - here you go!
We also had a 3D/4D ultrasound about 2 weeks ago. I was nervous about how Luke would handle it, but he did great! He was mostly concerned that "mommy, he's YELLOW!" I'm not sure that he believed me that it was just the way the picture looked.
I'm convinced that Ethan is another big one from the pictures - look at those chunky cheeks!!
This update is probably long enough now! :)