Wednesday, December 12, 2012

When will baby Fletcher get here?

We're getting close enough that I thought I'd set up another online pool to guess when he'll arrive and his size.

Some things to know as you make your educated guess:

- Ethan's due date is January 26th, however I am scheduled to be induced on January 22nd if he's not here by then. (Less than 6 weeks from now!)
- Luke was born 4 days early - my water randomly broke on it's own.
- Jason was born 3 weeks early, for no apparent reason.
- I was born 1 1/2 weeks early - my mom had preeclampsia and they had to induce.
- According to a study I found, the most popular day for babies to make their entrance is Wednesday. Sunday is the slowest day.
- For the last, oh 5-6 weeks or so, I've been constantly asked "So, any day now, huh?"
- Both of my NSTs (non-stress-tests) picked up mild cramps last week.

For size:
- According to one study, the average weight of a newborn is 7.5 lbs, and the average total body length is 19-21 inches.
- Luke weighed 9 lbs, 3 oz and was 22 1/4" long.  I've heard 2nd babies can be bigger.
-I was 6 lbs, 3 ounces and 18 ½ inches long.
-Jason weighed 7 lbs, 9 ½ ounces and was 20” long.
- At my 20 week ultrasound, Ethan was measuring about 2 weeks ahead (same as Luke.)  However all measurements of my belly have been dead on with how far along I am (also same as Luke.)  We will be having another ultrasound at 37 weeks for size purposes - you have to make your guess before then.

So now it's time to make your guess!  There will be a fabulous prize (er, bragging rights?) for the winner.  And PS - if you get the sex wrong, you need help.

Go to the link below to enter your guess.  You don't have to register or anything - just make a guess!  :)

http://www.expectnet.com/games/EthanF

No comments: