Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Adventures in Rice Cereal

We got the green light on starting rice cereal at Ethan's 4 month appt.  As he's suddenly decided he's constantly starving (38 oz today - say what?!?) we thought we'd give it a shot.

 I wouldn't call it a total failure, but exactly not a success either.  I think that Ethan felt the same way.

On second thought, maybe not.

It started out ok although he had no idea what was going on. 

"Really mom?  What is this?  I'd rather have my bottle."

Luke was excited to sit and watch it all though.

 "If I look at the camera maybe she'll go away."

"Yuck yuck yuck!"

 In the end, I think he kept about 3 spoonfuls in his mouth, so not too bad.  In hindsight, we shouldn't have done it when he was so hungry that all he cared about was his bottle.  He seemed ok when it was in his mouth and would swallow but would cry everytime I took the spoon away.

No comments: