Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

I turned 28 today! It started out as bad day - my car wouldn't start this morning - but it turned out to be a lot better. Jason picked me up from work (after cleaning my car and filling it up with gas - which I hate doing) and took me to our favorite restaurant, Charlestons. Since this was deemed a "special event" I got my favorite meal there - the short smoked salmon. Then he took me back to my mom's house where we opened presents and the Forners and Higgins came down for cake and drinks. I got some really good books and Jason got me a really cool planner and file organizer in a beautiful tiffany blue. (In fact, I think I'm going to use that color to make curtains in my craft room.)


When we got home I went upstairs into my craft room and was surprised with my present from my mom. I had a desk there, but that's it. She created a new table top for the desk so that I would have a larger workspace, and she put up the peg board with all of the awesome organization things. I'm so excited to really use my room!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laura - that is one freaking awesome present! Happy Birthday to you indeed!

Kathy said...

I agree; what an incredible gift from your mom!! Happy crafting in your new space. Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Yay for Tiffany Blue!

Christine said...

Happy Birthday! That workspace looks awesome... I just have a rolling tupperware that goes under a bed!

LJROWLETT said...

I totally didn't know it was your birthday last week! That's what I get for trying to wean myself from Facebook. Arrgh! Well, happy belated birthday! I love the birthday present/craft room upgrade. Very thoughtful.