Monday, August 17, 2009

Baby is a peach!

For some reason, this is my favorite week so far - either because I like peaches, I'm finally feeling better, or because it means I'm just about in the 2nd trimester!

"Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, veins and organs are clearly visible through the still-thin skin, and the body is starting to catch up with the head — which makes up just a third of the body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long and weighs nearly an ounce."

I love that our baby has fingerprints!

We happened to have a peach in the house - measuring just under 3 inches one way - so very close to the size of our baby! It's crazy to hold it in my hand and picture the baby that size.


Like I mentioned at the beginning, I'm almost out of the first trimester! You'll read anywhere between 12 and 14 weeks. One of the websites I frequent says it's when you hit 13 weeks, 4 days (dividing 40 by 3) - so we'll go with that one. That means that on Friday I'll be in the second trimester! I have no idea where the time is going!

I'm feeling so much better these days. I hardly ever get sick anymore and I'm not as tired as I was. I guess my biggest complaint would be that I've had a headache everyday for the past 4 - but I think it's more sinus related than pregnancy related.

I have my next appointment this week - it should just be a quick in and out - pee in a cup, check the heartbeat on the doppler, etc. Unless something else worthy of noting happens, I probably won't blog about it.

We took another belly picture this week - but it's not really worth posting. There doesn't seem to be much difference between now and 3 weeks ago. (Although I think 3 weeks ago was bloat, and this is more baby bump.) I sent my mom the picture and she said that I looked "fuller." I think she was just trying to be nice.

That's all for now!

No comments: