Monday, November 23, 2009

27 weeks - 91 days to go!


"This week, your baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like the head of a cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, your baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle."

According to most websites/books, I'm in the 3rd trimester now! (I've read anywhere from 25-28 weeks, so this seems like a good estimation.) Seriously, where is the time going??

So let's see - big things this week:

We hung up new shelves in his closet, so that's all ready to be organized with tiny clothes and other fun things. Jason did a great job with it, while I handled the important jobs like handing him the drill when he needed it.

We're also in the process of painting the top of the dresser. One more coat and I think that's done. That will leave just fun crafty projects for the nursery.

Last night we had an appointment with the pediatrician we thought we were going to go with - and we loved her! Check something else off the list. :)

My belly button is so close to popping out. In fact, I was visiting Anna this weekend and started coughing and then laughing (which always makes it pop out) and I swear it took a good 20 minutes to go back in.

I haven't been sleeping very well. Part of that is probably because I left my trusty snoogle pillow at Anna's, but hormones could also probably be blamed.

And lastly, I got my first "twins" comment this weekend. I was checking out at Walmart and the cashier asked me when the big day was. I responded that it was the middle of February and got "Oh Lordy! Are you sure there's not twins in there??" I thought it was pretty funny - she caught me on a good day.

I thought I would just answer that quiz thing every few weeks. The answers were all starting to sound the same!

No comments: