Tuesday, January 19, 2010

35/35!

This week (Monday to be exact) marked the big 35/35 .... 35 weeks pregnant and 35 days to go!!


"Your baby doesn't have much room to maneuver now that he's over 18 inches long and tips the scales at 5 1/4 pounds (pick up a honeydew melon.) Because it's so snug in your womb, he isn't likely to be doing somersaults anymore, but the number of times he kicks should remain about the same. His kidneys are fully developed now, and his liver can process some waste products. Most of his basic physical development is now complete — he'll spend the next few weeks putting on weight."

Not much to report this week! I've had some pretty emotional moments, I get tired so easily, and braxton hicks have started back up. The exhaustion is a little ridiculous - I run one errand and I'm ready for a 2 hour nap. :) I've become a little obsessed with making lists - errands to run, things to buy, things to make, things to pack, things to clean, etc. I've also been cooking up things to freeze for later meals, cleaning out cabinets ..... nesting anyone? :)

And to show you just how ridiculous the emotional break downs are: I was on the phone with Anna, mentioning that I'd been looking at the prices of diapers. She happened to mention something about the kind of travel wipes that she likes. I realized that in all of my lists - I never wrote down that I should buy travel wipes for the diaper bag. I hadn't even made a "what to pack in diaper bag" list. Suddenly I felt like I knew absolutely nothing and that Jason and I had no business bringing a baby home. So I completely broke down and cried for awhile. I have since calmed down, but I think I will forever have nightmares about travel wipes.

On a happier note, I've also hit some great sales - including one at Old Navy. Their clearance items were an additional 50% off, plus I had another 25% off coupon. Of course my favorite outfit wasn't one of the clearance ones. I bought Luke's Easter outfit! Seriously, how cute is this?!?

No comments: