Monday, May 17, 2010
3 months old!
Wow, what a month it's been! First, for the stats that I know - as of this morning he weighed 14lbs, 13 oz - which means he gained about 1 1/2 lbs in the last month. He won't have an appointment again until 4 months old so we'll get his percentiles then.
He has been learning so much lately! Some fun things from the last month:
-He still loves to "talk." He's started mimicking us sometimes as well - his favorite is to open his mouth up big and wide and say "ahhhhh" (like a doctor would ask you to do.) And as you saw from the video this weekend, he can now "say" mamamamama. (Which makes his mama very proud!)
-He rolled over from his belly to his back! 3 times now, although the third was really just sort of falling over. He tries and tries though! (See video below!)
-His neck control is better everyday. He finally understands tummy time and gets that head up and looking around. He has been in the bumbo seat for short time periods. On suggestion of his daycare we're working on him turning his head to his left more. He can do it just fine, he just seems to prefer his right side.
-Sleep! Oh glorious sleep! Every since his first day of daycare he has been giving us 9-11 hours of sleep at night. He's also becoming quite the wiggle worm - he turns himself 180 degrees in bed. This is causing us to start to wean from the swaddle - so far we're to one arm out.
- He still loves his "gym" only now a whole dimension of fun has been added. He can reach out to touch/hit the objects hanging above him and next to him.
- He has started to reach out and touch my face when I get close to him.
- He has "seen" his feet once, with help from me. They apparently weren't all that interesting because he hasn't done it since.
- He loves the outdoors. He has a swing on our front porch and he's been to the zoo!
- He tries to watch tv. It doesn't matter what direction you face him, he will turn his head/neck to find the tv in the room.
- He had his first cold. A tiny fever, some sneezing/coughing, and a good amount of snot. Luckily it didn't seem to last long.
- He still loves the bath! I think we might look into swimming lessons soon, just so he can get into a warm pool.
- His favorite game is the bouncy game on the bed - he laughs and laughs when we play.
- He's currently eating about 6 oz, every 3-4 hours during the day. He averages about 30 oz/day.
And here is video of him trying to roll over. He gets so close but just can't get it. I think he's confused about why it works sometimes and other times it doesn't.