Saturday, August 25, 2012

18 weeks!



This is the format that I used for the Luke pregnancy weekly updates. While I'm obviously not doing this weekly, I thought it would be fun to follow every so often.

How far along: 18 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: I really don't even want to answer this question. I went off my metformin at 12 weeks and since then I feel like I look at food and it jumps on me. I truly don't feel like I eat that much, and I know that I'm going to gain weight, but still. Anyways, I'm up 7.5 lbs (compared to 2.5 at this point with Luke.) Because my insulin is so nuts, I actually have an appt with the dietician at my OBs office to go over a modified gestational diabetes diet.
Maternity clothes: I've been in them for quite awhile. They weren't kidding when they say you show sooner with your second! Luckily because some friends and I combined our clothes, I have several bins to sift through. I've noticed that I'm wearing a lot more dresses this time around - they just tend to be more comfortable.
Stretch marks: Just everything from before
Sleep: Some nights I'm up several times, other times I manage to make it through the night.
Movement: I started to feel this baby move a week or so ago, and while it's not completely consistent, I can usually feel him/her several times a day. Just little flutters, but I love it!
Food cravings: No big cravings. I still love red meat and am not a big fan of chicken. I'm also started drinking Arnold Palmer's (half lemonade/half tea) and love them.
Gender: We'll find out in 10 days!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out: In, but it's sort of flattening out, instead of a deep innie.
What I miss: sleeping on my belly or on my back. I struggle to try to stay on my side.
What I am looking forward to: Our ultrasound in 10 days

I'm still waiting for the energy of the second trimester to kick in. So far, not so much. I'm exhausted when I get home and generally pretty achy. I have my first physical therapy appt this week for what I think is SI joint pain. There are times that I can hardly move or can't really get up from laying down.

Luke is adorable with all of this. He has picked out certain toys that the baby can play with, but the baby cannot play with his toys. He still will occasionally ask me to "open it up" and try to lift my shirt up. :)

No comments: