In 10 short days we find out if this baby is a boy or a girl and I can't wait! I've set up a poll so that you all can make your guesses. :) To help make as educated one as possible (hah!) here are some important things to know. You can make your vote over on the right side of the page, just under the header picture.
1. According to Jason's dad, this one will be a boy as well - because he's a Fletcher. Roland is one of 6. Every single one of them had 2 boys. They only had a girl if there was a 3rd. This is why he was convinced that Luke was going to be a boy. The biggest thing to point out - that is Jason's dad's level, not Jason's. We're not sure what all of Jason's level ended up having, but I do think it was a mix.
2. OWT (Old Wives Tales) says that if the baby's heartbeat is over 140, it's a girl. Under 140 is a boy. We check the heartbeat every few days at home and we're consistently around 162. (A note - I'm fairly certain Luke was in the 160s most of the time as well.)
3. Cravings - OWT says that if you crave sweet, it's a girl. Sour/salty, it's a boy. I don't really crave either. I'm not a fan of chicken. I love steak/hamburgers and also pickles.
4. Chinese Birth Chart - this says I'm having a girl. We were never really sure what it told us about Luke - it looks at the month of conception, and that was questionable.
5. Even and Odd - Legend has it that the Mayans determined a baby's sex by looking at the mother's age at conception and the year of conception. If both are even or odd, it's a girl. If one's even and one's odd, it's a boy. According to this, this baby is a girl. (Luke should have been a girl as well though.)
6. Face break outs - If you're breaking out a lot, it's a girl because "the girl steals the mother's beauty." This is a hard one to answer - I am not breaking out more, so I'd say boy. Although I felt a lot cuter during Luke's pregnancy, so maybe this baby is stealing my beauty. :)
7. Morning Sickness - Apparently if you're pretty sick, then it should be a girl. Little to no morning sickness is a boy. (This was very wrong with Luke.)
So, make your guess! Jason and I both think boy, and that is what Luke is really hoping for. :)