Thursday, July 02, 2009

Our baby is a sweet pea!



So this week Baby Fletcher is the size of a sweet pea. "Growing like crazy, baby is starting to sprout eyes, ears, nose, cheeks and chin. Those little hands and feet- still webbed like paddles- might wiggle by week's end, the heart is beating (almost twice as fast as yours!), and blood is starting to circulate."

.25 inches - that's so tiny! It's amazing to me that we've already seen the little heart beating. I have been carrying the ultrasound picture with me in my purse (hey before that it was the pregnancy test!) just to keep looking at it to make myself believe this is actually happening.

Although frankly, my "symptoms" should be telling me that enough. Before we knew/right afterwards I mostly just had a headache and was burping a lot. (And actually that week before we knew, Jason kept laughing at me in the evenings and calling me a boy with all of my burping.) Since then the headache has gone away, I've started peeing more, and our baby has started to let me know what foods he/she does NOT want. Sometimes it seems like pretty much everything. I struggle in the mornings and again in the afternoon. And sometimes around dinner. And when grocery shopping. The past few days it seems that anytime food is involved, I start gagging. It's not so much that I can't keep down food I eat, but that I have a hard time even getting to the eating point. I tried talking to baby this morning. "I like food. I like to eat. Please be nice to me." So far that hasn't helped. I will say that as of right now, fruit and graham crackers/peanut butter are my friends. I've also been pretty tired and just lay on the couch most evenings.

I had an appt today with the OB Nurse Educator to go over things I need to know/what to eat/rules/etc. Example - don't clean the litter box. Jason has been wonderful and started doing that right when we found out. I also got tons more samples of prenatal vitamins. We will have yet another ultrasound next week and our first appt with our OB (hereby known as Dr. B.) I've heard such great things about her and can't wait to meet her.

So that's what's going on! Now it's time for a nap. :)

No comments: