Monday, September 07, 2009

Week 16


"Get ready for a growth spurt. In the next few weeks, your baby will double his weight and add inches to his length. Right now, he's about the size of an avocaod: 4 1/2 inches long (head to rump) and 3 1/2 ounces. His legs are much more developed, his head is more erect than it has been, and his eyes have moved closer to the front of his head. His ears are close to their final position, too. The patterning of his scalp has begun, though his locks aren't recognizable yet. He's even started growing toenails. And there's a lot happening inside as well. For example, his heart is now pumping about 25 quarts of blood each day, and this amount will continue to increase as your baby continues to develop."

How far along: 16 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: -1.2 (overall)
Maternity clothes: Yep. And it's actually starting to fit now. (See picture below.)
Stretch marks: I just noticed some on my hip yesterday - eek!
Sleep: It's going much better. I've been waking up more in the middle of the night to pee, but at least I'm not just laying there awake.
Best moment this week: We have officially reserved our spot at a daycare that we love.
Movement: I've had some bizarre feelings, but I'm just not sure if it's the little man or not. I have a feeling that I'll be feeling him in the next few weeks.
Food cravings: Still no real cravings, but I always enjoy a hotdog or a baked potato with chili, cheese, and sour cream.
Gender: Boy!!!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out: In
What I miss: Taking super hot bubble baths
What I am looking forward to: I have my 16 week appointment tomorrow and have a list of things that I want to talk to Dr. B about.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't send a hungry pregnant woman to the grocery store. She'll come home with lots of random things. Salad, peanuts, apple pie, baked potato, sparkling white grape juice, spinach dip and Hawaiian bread to name a few.
Milestones: I'm not sure if it's a "milestone" exactly, but about midweek I realized that I do actually have a baby bump. See picture below. :)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Congrats on the bump...you are going to make a cute little pregnant person! :) (those "strange" feelings are probably your little guy...so awesome!)