Tuesday, September 01, 2009

15 weeks



I know, I know - I'm a day late! I was busy looking at adorable little boy clothes yesterday evening!

"This week he's busy moving amniotic fluid through his nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in his lungs begin to develop. His legs are growing longer than his arms now, and he can move all of his joints and limbs. Although his eyelids are still fused shut, he can sense light. If you shine a flashlight at your tummy, for instance, he's likely to move away from the beam. There's not much for your baby to taste at this point, but he is forming taste buds."

After my big post over the weekend, there isn't really much to report. We are just so happy and are feeling so attached to the little man already. Seeing him move around, kicking, sucking his thumb was just so amazing.

How far along: 15 weeks, 1 days
Total weight gain/loss: -1.6 (overall) I think anyways - it's been a few days since I checked but I still hadn't really gained anything.
Maternity clothes: Yep. Luckily I was able to borrow a bunch and I've also found some things at garage sales and goodwill. A lot of it is still too big, but it will be nice later on.
Stretch marks: I don't think I have any yet!
Sleep: The Snoogle is helping so much! I do find that I wake up almost every morning between 4 and 5 though. It's practice I guess!
Best moment this week: Finding out that we're having a boy!
Movement: As seen, he's moving all around - I'm just not feeling it yet.
Food cravings: Last week I wanted ribs, desperately. I begged Jason to go to dinner, we went somewhere that had ribs .... and they were out. They almost had a crying pregnant woman on their hands. :)
Gender: Boy!!!
Labor Signs: None!
Belly Button in or out: In
What I miss: Being able to eat chicken
What I am looking forward to: Picking out nursery bedding. It's been fun to really look at ideas this week.
Weekly Wisdom: Don't order something for dinner that can't be reheated. I never finish an entire meal so I typically end up with leftovers for lunch. Something like nachos (no, not the healthiest thing) don't heat up well.
Milestones: Found out that we're having a boy!

No comments: