Wednesday, October 14, 2009

21 weeks


"Your baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to his activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, your baby's eyebrows and lids are present now. His digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth."

Sorry I'm late with this! I haven't felt very good this week - a little bit of a head cold and just blah in general.

I just had a follow up hematologist appt and all is going well with the lovenox. The plan is to stick with that until I'm 36 weeks and then I'll be switching to heparin twice a day. It doesn't stay in the system as long so is better to be on closer to delivery.

I do seem to be slightly anemic so will probably be starting extra iron later this week.

How far along: 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +7.4 (overall weight gain)
Maternity clothes: Yes, and I had a huge score this past week. I bought a "lot" of clothes from someone on Craigslist. 65 pieces for $45! Sure, some of them are the wrong season, but for the most part everything is great!
Stretch marks: Nothing new.
Sleep: This week I've been back to being tired all the time.
Best moment this week: We picked out the paint over the weekend - blue.
Movement: He seems to move more in the morning and late in the evening - or I'm just more aware of him then.
Food cravings: No cravings, but I'm trying to get more protein.
Gender: Boy!!!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out: In, but it's sort of flattening out, instead of a deep innie.
What I miss: Being able to go more than a few hours without peeing.
What I am looking forward to: Jason getting to feel him move.
Milestones: Not sure of anything?

1 comment:

Anna said...

Wow! A banana seems long, doesn't it? But not heavy enough--a 13 oz banana would be heavy!

Take it easy. Head cold + pregnant= super blah.