Monday, October 19, 2009

22 weeks


*Just a note - the website that I normally use for pictures switches to months now and only updates every 4 weeks. I'll use that one when they have it, but I'm also going to use one from another website. For month 5, they say he's a papaya. The other website says that for week 22, he's a spaghetti squash.

"At 11 inches and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

Baby's settling into sleep cycles, snoozing about 12 to 14 hours a day. It shouldn't be hard to figure out when -- just pay attention to those kicks as they start and stop."

Luckily his sleep cycles seem to coincide with mine at the moment! There was one morning when he woke me up at 4am kicking, but for the most part he's usually active mid morning and in the evening.

I've been feeling ok, pregnancy wise the past week. I was fighting a cold though, and we found out I was anemic, which explains why I was so very tired. I just kept wondering where the "burst of energy" that's supposed to happen in the 2nd trimester went. Today was a better day though, so maybe I'll get it back.

The peeing thing has become a bit ridiculous. I've been peeing more, but usually have some warning when I need to go. One night this week I almost thought I was going to pee in my pants! Suddenly I had to go .... right then! Luckily I made it to the bathroom. :) And it hasn't happened again, thank goodness!

How far along: 22 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +10 (2.6 lbs this week - eek!)
Maternity clothes: Yes!
Stretch marks: Nothing new.
Sleep: Yes please. This was all I wanted to do this past week.
Best moment this week: I've started to read out loud, because apparently he can start to hear me. It's cute though, because as I'm reading about "silly old bear!" the kitties sit there and listen too. (Quiz - who is "silly old bear?")
Movement: Sometimes I think he moves just to say "hey, don't forget about me!"
Food cravings: None. Jason has really lucked out in this department so far. No crazy late night runs to a fast food joint.
Gender: Boy!!!
Labor Signs: Nope
Belly Button in or out: In, but it's sort of flattening out, instead of a deep innie.
What I miss: My body shape. Don't get me wrong, I love having the bump - but it's just so weird sometimes. (And I know it's only going to get bigger!) At my physical therapy appt this week, my therapist said, "You're what? 32 .... um I mean, 28 weeks?" Um, no! I'm just 22 weeks!
What I am looking forward to: Jason getting to feel him move.
Milestones: We painted the nursery and put the crib together

Like I mentioned earlier, we got some things done in the nursery. Karen was over one night and we put together some green shelves. Ignore the mess in the background. What you see is a twin bed, a miniature recliner, a table with pieces of the quilt on it, and an ironing board. Rest assured, we won't make him share a room with all of that.



Then on Saturday night, with wonderful help from my mom and sister, we got the room painted!






Towards the end, Karen decided to paint a smiley face on my tshirt. (This is an old tshirt, I think from Goodwill, that I wear almost every time we paint a room.)


Smile!


Now for a few sneak peaks - my mom holding up what will be the curtains.


The crib all put together! The piece of furniture next to it is the hutch that will go on top of the dresser. We have to sand down and paint the top of the dresser and then it will make it's way into the room.

2 comments:

Kathy said...

I love watching baby F grow :) the room looks great so far.

At first I asked myself, "I wonder who she knows that went to Michigan Tech" until I read your shirt was from Goodwill! ha! :)

I love the smiley face!

Jen said...

Looks great!