Our little boy is 2 months old today!
I'm not sure how he does it, but I swear he just gets cuter and cuter all the time. :)
He's growing and changing daily. His 2 month appt isn't until Tuesday, but I weighed him at home and he was 13lbs, 7 oz. That's up exactly 2 1/2 lbs from when I weighed him at one month. He's graduated to 3-6 months clothes, and size 2 diapers. (Technically he can still wear some of the 0-3 clothes, but most seem to be too short.)
Some fun things about him right now:
- He smiles at us all the time now!
- He also loves to "talk" - especially if he's in more of a sitting up position.
- His neck control gets better each day - he's still not quite ready for the bumbo seat, but we're getting there.
- He loves to lay in the crib and watch his little mobile friends above. Most of the time he'll talk to them while they go around. He also uses this as exercise time as his little feet just kick away.
- He still loves his play mat and the lights/music above him.
- He learned to stick out his tongue.
- He's learning to suck his thumb.
- He's starting to grasp objects and hold onto them for awhile. He doesn't reach for anything yet, but I swear sometimes I can see the wheels in his head turning as he tries to figure out how he can get to that thing that I'm holding in front of him.
- He loves to play the car game with daddy. Jason holds him on his legs and makes car engine noises. He moves him forward and back when they would be accelerating and breaking. Luke is pretty excited at this game.
- He actually seems to enjoy bath time now and we'll get lots of smiles during them.
- He's eating around 5 oz at a time - and goes between 3-4 hours during the day. At night we sometimes get up to 7 hours, although most of the time it's more like 5 1/2 or 6.
- He's not on a schedule, but for the most part has fallen into a routine. Typically he'll eat, and then be awake and play for about an hour and 15 min and then he starts to get cranky and will take a nap. Wake up, and repeat. It's not a constant thing - sometimes he's awake the entire time between "meals" and other times he sleeps the whole time.
The many faces of a 2 month old: (Click on it to see it bigger)