Wednesday, March 23, 2011

13 months old!



We're a little late with this, but he turned 13 months old while we were in Florida!

Age: 13 months

Weight: I think just under 26 lbs

Length: not sure

Size: Size 4 diapers, and mostly 18 month clothes. Poor little shorty legs make the 18 month pants too long, but 12 months are a tad too short.

Hair: blondish and he's starting to get lots of curls in the back - just like his daddy when he was little.

Teeth: Not quite 11 - 3 of the molars are working there way through the gums but are taking such a long time! 1 seems to be completely through, 1 halfway, and the other just poking.

Sleeping: Goes to bed at 7 and wakes up around 6:30. Nighttime is so easy! Naps are a different story. Although they told me that at school today he slept on a cot!

Eating: I have been so amazed with his eating. Once he got the tubes in he became such a different little boy. He hasn't had pureed baby food since before the surgery. He's trying all sorts of new things - spaghetti, hot dog pieces, chicken nuggets, burrito with rice/beans, turkey/cheese sandwich, chicken and noodles with mashed potatoes, green beans, peas .... he still doesn't seem to care for fruit unless it's fruit flavored yogurt or puffs or yogurt melts. He's also 100% on milk out of his sippy cup.

Movement: He's finally getting SO close to walking! He walks behind his lion all the time and can now walk next to us just holding onto one hand. He's also started standing on his own for longer periods of time. I think he'll be taking his first steps in no time! (I actually think he sort of did while we were Florida but Jason says we can't count it because he was kind of falling at the same time.)

Talking: He's babbling a lot more now - still says a lot of mama, dada, and ba! (ball). He still signs "milk" but it now means "want and more" He'll point to something he wants and sign milk furiously with both hands. He also has signed sleep to us the past few nights before bedtime.

Milestones: I feel like everything he's doing right now is hitting a new milestone as we enter this fun new toddler world.

Favorite toys/activities: Playing outside, walking behind his lion, and playing with balls

Dislikes: taking naps

Disposition: He is such a great little guy. I thought he was happy before, but he has been a different child since the tubes. He is certainly starting to test boundaries though. He's hit my face, pulled my hair - and laughs when I try to get him to stop. He can be quite ornery. I pointed my finger at him the other day when I said no - and he pointed his right back at me!

No comments: