Sunday, April 03, 2011

Weekend update

I feel like it's been awhile since I've blogged, so I thought I'd do a bit of an update first. When we got back from vacation, I ended up sick with a cold, then sinus infection, then bronchitis. That knocked me on my butt and for several days I felt just awful. Luckily that is getting better!

Luke managed to avoid that, but his teeth have been a nightmare. His molars are taking forever to come in - and at this point we're working on all 4 of them. He's ok during the day, but at night it is awful - he's up crying every hour or so. I've spent several nights sleeping in the floor next to the crib so that I can reach my hand in easily and pat his back. Also, on Thursday I got a phone call from daycare that he had a temperature of 103.6! No other symptoms so we think it was just a strange virus that's been going around. Ibprofen brought it down and it hasn't gone back up since then.

In house news - we now have a fenced backyard! We had a 6 foot shadow box privacy fence installed and just love it. It makes our yard feel bigger and more private which will be so nice this summer while we're playing with Luke outside.

We also brought over the Little Tikes swingset that we bought in the fall. We found it on Craigslist and got a great deal on it and stored it at my mom's. Luke got to play on it yesterday and LOVED it!

It wouldn't be a good blog post without some pictures, so here you go!

Grandma and Grandpa came up and we went to the children's museum and then to McCallisters for lunch. Luke showed grandpa how to play at the water table.



Then he had a great big boy meal of mac & cheese, applesauce, milk, and teddy grahams. It was the most he's had to eat in several days and the best he's done at a restaurant.


Playing with the new swingset!


He also figured out that he loves going down the slides on his belly.

No comments: