Friday, October 26, 2012

Baby Update - 27 weeks

Third trimester.  Exactly 3 months, or 13 weeks, or 92 days to go ... but who's counting?  :)  I think it's been 9 weeks since I've done one of these so I figured it was time.  :)




How far along: 27 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: +20 lbs - eek!  Although I'm back to being nearly on track with Luke, so I'm hoping to stay under the 40lb mark (which was my weight gain with him.  Not sure I ever really went public with that info!)  So much for the 25-30 I was supposed to shoot for.
Maternity clothes: Um, yes.  I've noticed that this time I tend to wear more of the ones that are fitted, rather than the ones that tie in the back and billow out - no idea why.  Oh, and I was brave and bought a pair of maternity skinny jeans!
Stretch marks: Just everything from before, which is alot.
Sleep: Pregnancy wise, not bad.  Otherwise, it's been better. 
Movement: He is a little acrobat.  We're to the point that other people can feel him as well - including Luke!  He was fairly concerned hearing us talk about him kicking though.  "Mommy, my baby brother is kicking you??"
Food cravings: No big cravings. Loving meat, chicken is ok again, and find myself drinking Arnold Palmer's quite a bit.
Gender: Boy!
Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks a few times a day
Belly Button in or out: Just about completely out
What I miss: Spiked apple cider
What I am looking forward to: Finishing the nursery, 3D/4D ultrasound in a few weeks

I'm not going to lie, the past few weeks have been rough.  I got a cold several weeks ago and have had the annual "cough that lasts weeks and never goes away."  I've actually had a few panic moments because I start coughing so hard and just can't catch a breath.  It's been pretty miserable with the pregnancy.  I went to a medcheck and was treated for bronchitis and then had an appt at the Academy of Allergy and Asthma and found out that I have Asthma - and probably have for years.  (It was 14 years ago the first time it happened - that year I cracked a rib from coughing!)  Getting a cold is my trigger, so now I have an Asthma action plan.  I'm also doing nebulizer breathing treatments 3-4x/day now until we get through this round of coughing.  They also don't mess around with pregnancy and asthma - I have an appt each month until delivery and I have to get a pneumonia vaccine as well.  I was a little nervous taking some of the medicine but as they pointed out, it's important for the baby to get enough oxygen.  :)


My next appt is on Tuesday - it's the wonderful gestational diabetes test - oh boy!  Wish me luck!

No comments: