Saturday, March 20, 2010

One month old!

I can't believe that my baby is a month old! (Ok, so 1 month and 2 days today if you want to get technical.)


Time is just flying by - it's so crazy! It's also crazy how different he is now than 4 weeks ago. He's so much more alert and it's obvious that he knows his mommy and daddy. He loves to lay on his back under the gym and watch the lights. He tolerates tummy time, especially if there is a mirror next to him that he can look at. He loves when we have dance parties in his room - especially if it's to some Michael Buble music. I'm convinced that he already has better dance moves than his mama.

And my favorite development - he can smile! He's been doing that smiling thing while sleeping, which has been so fun to watch, but we don't count as real smiles. (And actually, he sometimes giggles when he sleeps! Belly shaking giggling - it's so cute.) This past week though as Jason and I make funny faces and noises and loud kissing sounds he's come closer and closer to smiling. And finally he did! It's not all the time, but he definitely will now smile at something we're doing - not just some internal stimuli (gas?) that happens.

His 1 month checkup isn't until next week, but I weighed him on the baby scale at home and he was 10 lbs, 15 oz. He is a growing boy! I'm curious to see how much he's grown in length. He is going about 3-4 hours between eating - although sometimes after an hour he tells us he's hungry.

Just when I think we have things figured out he goes and changes something - he likes to keep it interesting and keep us on our toes!

And for fun - some other pictures from that day.

"Really mom? Another photo shoot?!?"








Then I thought he should dress up for the occasion.


"I'm so over this! And seriously, the hat again?!?"

No comments: