Monday, April 16, 2012

Sesame Street Live

My mom and I took Luke to see Sesame Street Live this weekend. It was so great! Luke wore an Elmo tshirt, an Elmo hat, and took a stuffed Elmo. (The funniest part about all of this, is that we do not watch Sesame Street. Yet he knows (and loves) Elmo, Abby, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie ... )

They had a free play zone area at the beginning, with several different scenes from Sesame Street.


He didn't want to cooperate for this one with Grandma.




They also had a coloring area where we met up with one of my friends (Emily) and her daughter Olivia. We weren't sitting together, but it was fun to have our kiddos play for a bit beforehand. (Although really, they just ignored each other. C'mon - they were about to see Elmo!)


During that time, Cookie Monster, Zoe, and Ernie came out and did a song for everyone. Luke was a little unsure at first and then just wanted to know where "Is Elmo?" Meanwhile, I got emotional and cried the entire time (which, if you know me, isn't all that surprising. It was just something about being there with my mom (who took my sister and I back in 1986) and my son.


Finally it was time to get into the theater! The show itself was great - the characters were great onstage and the music was catchy. Luke was interested in it and laughed and when Grover couldn't fly he would say "Oh no!"






He has a small bit of time when he got cranky and just wanted his blanket and Nemo, but Grandma bought him an Elmo light wand thing, and that perked him back up. (Spoiled little guy!)




It was a great first trip to the theater!

No comments: